ciekawostki

The orphanage and post office
The house which stands at the edge of the park, between the mountain stream Kozówka and the main road, was erected in the mid-19th century. Originally, it served as a stopping point of the mail coach and a post office which operated prior to the building of the railway line through Kozy in 1888. It was a place to rest or exchange horses, load or unload goods and correspondence, and often also passengers. In 1892, after the closure of the post office, the Baroness Wilhelmina Czecz de Lindenwald founded an orphanage in the building, and invited the Sisters of the Resurrection from Kęty to run it. The orphanage also offered courses in cutting, sewing and embroidery. It was also used for various performances and dance parties.  During the First World War, the sisters provided food for the children. In a way, the orphanage became the first community centre in Kozy. The Ladies’ Sodality of Mary had its headquarters there. Dances were organised there, and the proceeds went to good causes. During the First World War, the Sisters of the Resurrection living in the orphanage took care of the children and provided them with food at the expense of the manor. They also provided basic medical care for the sick. They organised meetings and counselling for mothers. The orphanage was run by the Sisters of the Resurrection until 1922. Later the building was used as flats for manor workers. At present it is used for communal flats.
Element Grafiki
Element Grafiki